The Gallery View search is a cascading drill-down where you click through each layer in the PinPoint infrastructure, starting with the Cabinet, Folder and then Sub-Divider.
Once you drill-down to the Sub-Divider, documents within will display in the middle section of the screen. You have the option to view your files as a thumbnail preview, or as a list view including the document name. You may switch between the two using the blue tabs in the center of the screen.
Looking to the left-side of the screen, there you will see your file structure in a cascading view.
- Select the cabinet you want to open.
- Select the folder you want to open.
- Select the sub-divider you want to open.
- Once you open the sub-divider, the documents within the sub-divider will be visible in the center of the screen.
- The top-center section is used for filtering documents within the selected sub-divider:
- Document Name: This allows a user to search for a document by name. This is a wildcard search, so the system will look at any part of the name.
- Date Range:
- Document Date: This is the only date a user can manually change for a document.
- Entry Date: This is the date of when the document was added to PinPoint.
- Updated Date: This is the date of when the document was last updated.
- Doc Type: Each document that is added to PinPoint must be labeled by a document type & tab, so this will always be a useful way to sort/filter.
- Notes: This field can be found at the bottom-right of the screen when you have a document open. The Notes field does not have a character limit and all text inputted can be searched on.
- Content: If you type content in this field and search, the system will only display documents that contain that content within the pages of the document. Please keep in mind that it will likely not pick-up hand-written content.
- Workflow: This allows the user to display only documents that are part of an active workflow.
- DocID: Each document that is added to PinPoint is automatically given a DocID by the system. The DocID is assigned based on entry order.
- Metadata: If a document has had any of its document metadata fields filled in, a user can search by the text that has been filled in to locate a document.
- Checked In: This is the normal status of a document in PinPoint.
- Checked Out: This means the document has been checked-out of PinPoint by another user. If a document is checked-out by another user, it is in read-only mode for all other users until the user who checked it out checks it back into PinPoint.
- On Hold: If a document has been placed “On Hold”, it means it is in read-only mode, though has not been checked-out by a user.
- Finalized: If a document has been “finalized”, it means it can no longer be modified by any user.
- On the left side of the screen, begin by selecting the cabinet you want to file to.
- Drag the document(s) directly over the icon to the left of the folder you want to file to and let go.
- A pop-up window will appear….
- Sub-Divider (required): Select the Sub-Divider
- Doc Name: Enter the Doc Name if you do not wish to keep the original name.
- Doc Date: Select the Doc Date.
- Doc Type (required): Select the Doc Type & Tab.
IMPORTANT: Clicking Save Single will submit ONLY one document selected from the box at a time. Clicking Save All will submit ALL documents in the box at once.
Merging New Pages to an Existing Document
- From your menu, click Locating, then click Gallery View (or use the “Gallery” quick action button).
- Drill down to the cabinet, folder and sub-divider the existing document belongs to.
- Open the document so it appears on the right-side of the screen.
- Click the Import button, then drag the new pages into the box that appears in the middle of the screen.
- The new pages you added will then appear on the right-side of the screen.
- The Merge End box will be checked by default. If you wish to merge the pages to the end of the existing document, all you have left to do is click the Save button. However, if you want to merge the pages to the front of the existing document, be sure to check the Merge Front box before saving. If New Version is checked before saving, the new pages will replace the existing document as a new version.
- Right-mouse click the cabinet you want to add a folder to.
- Fill in the required Folder Fields and Save.