To be able to email from PinPoint, SMTP settings must be saved correctly within your user profile. You will need to contact your email service provider or your IT staff for your SMTP settings.
The master admin profile must have SMTP settings saved correctly in order for notifications to be sent to users.
If SMTP settings are set up on the admin profile, users with blank settings for SMTP server name, port, and SSL/TLS will inherit those settings from admin. Users can have different SMTP settings from the admin account, and user settings override defaults from admin (ex. a user would like to use a Gmail account instead of a company email).
- SMTP Server: the name of your SMTP email server.
- SMTP Email: your full email address.
- SMTP Password: your email password.
- SMTP Port: the port your SMTP server requires.
- Use SSL / Use TLS: check these boxes if the SMTP settings for your email server require them.