Records retention and purging is defined based on your record guidelines.
Add a Retention
- Begin by going to Admin > Fileroom > Retention Settings
- Enter the Retention Name.
- Select the Retention Period.
- Input the Quantity.
- Click Save.
Assign Retention to a Doc Type:
- Go to Admin > Fileroom > Document Types
- Double-click the Doc Type you want to assign retention to.
- Click the Document Handling button.
- Uncheck the “Retention Disabled” box, then select which Retention you want to assign.
- Click Save and Exit when finished.
Users can filter their report to see only one specific document type, or they can run the retention report for all document types. Additional filters include date range, OCR and document metadata.
- While in User Mode, select Reports from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select Retention, then choose your criteria.
- When ready, click Generate Retention Report.
This page shows only existing documents that have reached their retention period.
- Admin > Fileroom > Retention Check
- All documents listed have reached their retention end. You can use the filters to narrow your search if needed.
- From the Fx menu, you have the option to Delete and/or Export documents that have reached their retention period.