Templates (Zonal Capture)
In order to create Templates, the user must be using the built-in PDF tool, PDF-Viewer, which is currently only accessible when using Internet Explorer. Please see the page on how to enable the PDF Tool in PinPoint while using Internet Explorer.
Preparing the Measurement Grid
- To start setting up a template, go to Admin > Fileroom > Templates in the admin menu.
- Click on Edit, then Preferences in the PDF-Viewer Menu bar.
- On the Measurements tab, change the units to Points, check the boxes for Show Rulers, Show Grid, and Show Guides. Uncheck the box for Use Snapping.
- Click OK.
- Templates are associated with individual Document Types. For each template you create, choose an associated Document Type and Document Tab.
- Enter in a Template Name and click on Save.
- Re-open the new template you just saved.
- Browse to import a document for the template. Use a document that would be processed using this template. Click Add File.
- Choose a metadata Field that will be filled in by information on the document.
- For each Field, enter the (X,Y) coordinates for the area that should be pulled into the chosen metadata field.
- Starting X and Starting Y are the coordinates for the top left corner of the area of the document to be selected. Ending X and Ending Y would be the coordinates for the bottom right corner.
- Use the yellow lines (the guides) to help determine the pixel coordinates for the template. The axis on top is the X-axis, and the axis on the left side is the Y-axis.
- Use the Zoom In tool for more precise measurements.
- Enter the coordinates for Starting X and Starting Y. The X coordinates are on the horizontal axis, while the Y coordinates are on the vertical axis.
- Do the same procedure for Ending X and Ending Y.
- Click Save to finish adding the selected field and coordinates to the template. After clicking Save, you can add additional fields by selecting another field from the dropdown and entering the appropriate coordinates for that field.
- When done adding fields, no need to click on anything else, as the template saves each time a new field is saved.
Assign Template to a Document Type
- Begin by going to Admin > Fileroom > Document Types
- Double-click on the document type the template is for, then scroll down to the Document Handling section.
- Choose the correct template for the document type, then click Save and Exit.