Think of cabinets in PinPoint just as you do cabinets within a file room at your office. Cabinets help you separate your files at the highest level into subject matter. Each cabinet you create will have its own set of folders and sub-dividers to help you organize documents efficiently.
From the menu on the left-side of the screen, click Admin, then click Cabinets under the first column: Fileroom Management.
- To begin, click the Add Cabinet
- Enter the Cabinet Name.
- Using the icon buttons above Field Name, select the folder field types you would like to add. You are required to add at least one folder field for the cabinet.
- Check the boxes Folder Title and Required for the folder field you want displayed in searches. Only one folder field can be set as the Folder Title
- If needed…
- You can change the character limit for each folder field using the Size The maximum characters you can set per field is 99.
- You can make a folder field unique by checking the Unique
- You can adjust the folder field format using the Mask button.
- You can enter a Tool Tip for any folder field, which will be visible when users place their mouse over the folder field when creating a new folder in the cabinet.
- When you are finished adding folder fields, click the Save.
- After saving your new cabinet, click the Sub-Divider icon next to the cabinet. This is the second icon under the Actions column.
- Here, you must add at least one sub-divider. Sub-dividers are used to “divide” different document types within the folders in the cabinet. If you are going to use only one sub-divider like in the example above, set that sub-divider as the Default. You can also come back here after you add folders to the cabinet and assign exclusive sub-dividers to folders.
- When you are finished adding sub-dividers, you can close the window.
- Under the Actions column, click the Security button next to the cabinet you want to set security for.
- In the pop-up window, select the Group/Users you want to give access to the cabinet.
- Close the window when finished.
- Click the Cabinet Name to edit a cabinet.
- After making you changes, click the Save button.
Please note, you can only delete a cabinet if it is empty and there are no recoverable documents for the cabinet.
- Under the Actions column, click the Delete button next to the cabinet you want to delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Copying a cabinet will copy the existing cabinet’s Folder Fields, Sub-Dividers, and Security. Changes can be made to the copy once added.
- Under the Actions column, click the Copy button next to the cabinet you want to copy.
- Enter the Cabinet Name.
- Click the Save button.
If you would like to link an Account to an existing cabinet, please follow the steps below:
- Under the Actions column, click the CM Link button next to the cabinet you want to link an Account to.
- Select the Account (and Contact If needed).
- Click the Add button.