Variable Naming is a standard naming convention that gets assigned to a Doc Type. You can select from 21 different fields in any particular order.Using Variable Naming
Add a Variable Name
- To begin, go to Admin > Fileroom > Variable Naming
- Enter a name for your naming convention using the Variable Name field located in the top-left.
- Each field will have a dropdown list with numbers 1-21 listed. If you would like to include the field in the document name, the number you select for the field indicates the order. The lowest number will be the first field displayed in the document name.
- Click Save once completed.
- If you need to edit after saving, click the Variable Name from the list at the bottom of the page to re-open.
Assign Variable Naming to a Doc Type:
- Go to Admin > Fileroom > Document Types
- Double-click the Doc Type you want to assign a variable name to.
- Click the Document Handling button.
- Select which naming convention you want to assign to the Doc Type using the Variable Name dropdown field.
- Click Save and Exit when finished.