Filing a Single Document
File a Single Document
On the File Single page, you have the option to either import a document directly from your workstation or scan a document into PinPoint directly (if your scanner has the proper TWAIN driver to do this).
- From your menu, click Filing, then click Single (or use the “File Single” quick action button).
- Click the Import button to the right of the Fx button at the top of the screen, then choose your file to upload, or click the Scan button to scan a document in directly.
- If the document is a PDF, the image will show immediately on the right-side of the screen after importing/scanning, though for all non-PDF documents, you will see a temporary image until ARIE is able to create the viewable PDF for the document after it is saved.
- Input the Document Name.
- You can change the Doc Date if needed, though if you do not change this field, the Doc Date will be set as the entry date until changed.
- Select the Cabinet you want to file the document to.
- If you are adding the document to an existing folder within the cabinet, click the Existing Folder button and select the folder you want to file the document to. If you need to create a new folder for the document, simply type in the required folder fields.
- After the folder is chosen, whether it is an existing or new folder, you must select the Sub-divider you want to file the document to.
- Select the Document Type and Doc Type Tab for the document.
- Fill in the required document metadata fields assigned to the selected document type.
- Click Save to submit the document into PinPoint, though if you wish to assign Workflow, Retention, or a Variable Naming convention to the document, click the Document Settings button and the following fields will appear:
- Workflow Rules: Check this box if you want the system to use your workflow business rules.
- Variable Naming (checkbox): Check this box to use the selected Variable Name.
- Merge Front: If new pages were added to the document using the import/scan buttons, checking this box means the new pages with be merged to the front of the existing document.
- Merge End: If new pages were added to the document using the import/scan buttons, checking this box means the new pages with be merged to the end of the existing document.
- Workflow: Select a workflow you want to start.
- Delayed Workflow Date: If you select a workflow, input a custom workflow start date if you do not want the workflow to start immediately.
- Bridge: Select a bridge to assign the document to.
- Bridge Value: Input the bridge value.
- Variable Name: Select a variable naming convention for the document (be sure that the Variable Naming checkbox is checked before saving).
- Notes: Input any notes needed for the document for later searching.