Onboards allow you to keep track of specific Doc Types that get added to folders. For example, for every new hire, you might need that person to go through specific training documents as a mandatory policy. If the training documents were setup as Doc Types in PinPoint, you can assign an onboard to the new hire folder in PinPoint, stating that you need Document Type A, Document Type B and Document Type C in that new hire folder within a set number of days.
An onboard supervisor will be notified when all Doc Types have arrived in the folder, and will also be notified if any of the document types are missing within the set time frame.Using Onboards
- Go to Admin > Fileroom > Onboards
- Enter the Onboard Title.
- Enter the Onboard Reminder, which is the number of days until a reminder will be sent to the Supervisors if documents in the 0nboard are missing.
- Using the Workflow field, you can select a workflow to automatically start when the onboard is completed.
- When finished, click the Save button.
Add Doc Types to Onboard
- Click the first icon under the Actions column next to the onboard.
- Enter the Onboard Step Name, then select a Doc Type from the dropdown list.
- Using the Workflow field, you can select a workflow to automatically start when this step is completed for the onboard.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to add additional Doc Types to the onboard.
Assign Supervisors to Onboard
- Click the second icon under the Actions column next to the onboard.
- Click the + next to the users you want to assign as supervisors for the onboard.
There are two ways to assign onboards to folders:
- Go to Admin > Fileroom > Cabinets
- Double-click the Cabinet you want to open.
- Select the onboard you want to assign using the Automatic Onboard dropdown. This will automatically assign the onboard to all new folders added to the cabinet.
- Click the Save and Exit button.
- Go to Admin > Fileroom > Folders
- Select the Cabinet the folder belongs to, then click Search.
- Click the Paperclip next to the folder you want to assign an onboard to.
- A pop-up window appear…
- Select the Onboard you want to assign.
- Check the Retroactive box if you wish to count documents that already exist within the folder.
- Click the Add button when finished.