For ARIE Native, each document will get filed as one document without getting split in any way. ARIE uses the content it sees on the first page to file the document according to your Native distribution rules.
Always test new rules with a few documents before filing several at once, just to be sure everything is going where it should.
- Go to Admin > ARIE > Distribution Rules
- Enter the Distribution Rule Name. Just a simple name so you know what the rule applies to.
- Enter the Priority Order Number. This is the sequence order ARIE uses when trying to file documents through your Native distribution rules. For the most part, you can just keep going in a normal sequence (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), but it is recommended to put your more specific rules with more qualifications that need to be met first, to rule those in or out right away.
- Select the Native Rule Type.
- Check the Active box. Make sure this is checked for the rule to be active, or leave the box unchecked if it should not currently be used by ARIE when trying to file a document.
- Document Name Prefix: Any document that meets this rule can be assigned a name prefix. Enter the prefix in this box if you would like to assign one.
- Template: If a template or proximity search should be associated with this rule, choose it from the drop-down.
- By default, the box will be checked to Keep Cover Page. Keep this checked.
- Workflow Rules: Check this box if your workflow business rules should be used with the distribution rule.
- Custom OCR: When ARIE is trying to file a document through a distribution rule, it is scanning the content on the first page of the document. By choosing the Custom OCR, you are saying where on the first page ARIE is looking for content to file the document. For example, if you chose #4, then ARIE would only be looking for content in the top-half of the first page.
- Link to Folder: You can link the rule to specific folders if you would like to, that way ARIE tries to file documents only to the folders linked to the rule.
- Select the Doc Type the rule is going to file documents as. Selecting the Doc Tab is optional.
- Document Details: If you would like ARIE to automatically merge new documents to existing documents that contain the same metadata, you can select which metadata field(s) ARIE will use for the document merge. If you want documents to be filed into PinPoint as new documents, you should not use this feature.
- Select the Cabinet and Sub-Divider the rule is going to file the documents to.
- Add at least one Folder Field. The folder field you choose is what ARIE will look for on the first page of a document to indicate the folder it should go into. You can add more than one folder field using AND/OR logic, as well.
- Enter the Search Text: Enter a word or phrase that exists on the first page of the document that will help ARIE match the document to a distribution rule. You can add multiple Search Text words/phrases using AND/OR logic, as well.
- Once you are finished, click Save.