Go to ARIE > ARIE Batch in the admin menu.
ARIE Batch is a way of filing batches of documents using what is called a Batch Indicator.
A Batch Indicator is a unique word or phrase that you place on a cover page or is a word or phrase already in the content of the first page on your documents. When ARIE sees the Batch Indicator, it refers to the rules you have setup to know where the document should be placed. This ARIE filing method is helpful for filing archived data that is all going into the same folder in PinPoint, but you want them split and filed as separate documents.
- While in Admin Mode, select ARIE > ARIE Batch while logged in as your system’s admin account.
- Choose the Document Type & Document Tab that documents will be filed as through this Batch rule.
- Choose the Cabinet, Folder & Sub-Divider that documents will be filed to through this Batch rule.
- Type in the Title for your batch rule. This is the name given to all documents filed through the batch rule.
- Type in the Batch Indicator you want ARIE to use. ARIE will split the document every time it sees the batch indicator in the content.
- If you would like to keep the page that contains the batch indicator in step #5, check the Keep Cover Page box.
- Click the Save button when finished.
Just remember that for every new folder your documents should be filed to within PinPoint, you will need to create a new ARIE Batch rule with a new Batch Indicator. If you are planning on filing several documents at once that all need to go to different folders, we highly recommend using ARIE Multiple instead.