What is Document Management Software?
Document Management Software provides businesses and organizations the ability to electronically store, edit, organize, and keep track of files. Common ways files can be added to a DMS include scanning in directly, importing electronic files, sent via email/fax, and drag-and-drop.
The content of files is captured and therefore users can search through their database using full-text search, searching by date, date range, metadata, document name, etc. Instead of wasting time searching through physical cabinets and folders, users can locate files and critical information within seconds.
Document Management Software is like an online document repository that allows you to access from any location. Collaborating with those working from different office locations, at home, or on-the-go is extremely easy. There are various types of document management software out there, and they each have their own sets of features included.
Below you will find a list of the different types of software and what each of their focus is. It is important to know what features you are looking for in a DMS before you make a decision on which to use!
Allows for the creation, modification, organization, publication and delivery of content to users.
Digitalizes and automates workflow processes by using tasks and assigning them to users.
Maintaining records, monitoring the destruction of records, certificates of destruction for compliance.
Storing, managing, viewing of digital formats of images, documents, and other file types.
Same as Content Management plus allowing for the storage of data, as well.
Key Features of PinPoint
- Store all file types, including audio and visual
- Automated workflow built-in with notifications
- Create, edit, share, merge, digitally sign, publish files
- Manage retention settings, run retention checks/reports
- Generate certificates of destruction
- Place documents/files on hold
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition), full-text search capabilities
- Automatic filing of documents based on their content
- Search by content, metadata, date, document name, etc.
- Check-in/out files, manage late or missing files
- Security settings on several levels
- Set permissions/access rights for individual or groups of users
- Automatic indexing of data via templates, proximity search
- Store and edit all files and their data in one system
- Access from any web-browser, any location
PinPoint Document Management Software includes so many features that it fits all of the above types. With our powerful system, your organization will be able to go completely paperless and use only ONE system for all needs.
- Maintain compliance with retention management
- Automate every day workplace processes so staff have more time for other tasks
- Digitalize the creation, distribution, signing, and collection of forms
- Save time locating files, and reduce risk of ever losing them